View Single Post
After 24 days waiting for my host cable to turn up from china i got impatient and whipped out the iron last night.

i used this blog post for instructions on how to make it, pretty simple especially if the two cables you chop use the same standard color code. making your own usb host cable

I used a usb a extension female end and a micro usb male from another cable, then just bridged the GND on the micro end to the 5th unused contact on the same end.

This is what i ended up with:

Building

Testing

Using

ended up soldering wire-to-wire beacuse the contacts on the micro USB connector i liberated were tiny, and my soldering iron is pretty big, please excuse the messy soldering and tape, ran out of elec tape and no heatshink either so ive had to use sticky tape

Still got it working with Corsair flash Voyager, ATV dual channel USB thumb and fujitsu kb, microsoft intellimouse and wireless logitech performance MX all work a charm too with a little help from mouse support package

Great work, ty ty ty

EDIT: fixed images .. for now, im inbetween image hosts

Last edited by mrexcess; 2011-03-03 at 01:08. Reason: i spell about as well as i solder

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mrexcess For This Useful Post: