View Single Post
I have had an Archos 70 with 250gb harddrive for about a week now. I have mixed feelings. I love the size and form factor. And that 250gb drive has no peer at all. That's why I got it. I took a while to decide between this and a Cowon X7. The Cowon seems to be even more buggy than the Archos G8s, so I passed (though I have 2 Cowon players I really like).

The Archos is definitely buggy. I suggest a full reset from the box so you don't have to later. Seriously. And the application program that Archos provides is awful software. VERY slow, and requires FORCE QUIT / WAIT choices a lot (though WAIT is the one you should choose). First thing one should do is install the Google Market and ignore Appslib altogether (for the sake of sanity). It is that bad. Still, many programs will not show up in the Market that others can get.

I am able to bluetooth tether with my N900, and it's really not slow like I expected BT tethering to be. It's quite nice.

Over all I am pleased with the device. I had an HTC G1 before the N900, so had some familiarity with Android. But using it again--even with all the good things about it--makes me appreciate my N900 even more. I would love to have Maemo5 on my Archos.

The Following User Says Thank You to lancewex For This Useful Post: