View Single Post
That awesome four row keyboard speaks business.
The familiar symbian user interface " "
The nice battery life " "
The WCDMA 850/900/1700/1900/2100 " "
The muted brushed aluminum look " "
None of those features speak business. They speak "smartphone". Nice battery life has nothing to do with "business" phones, that's just a phone feature. My Desire Z has great battery life and its not a business phone. The N8 has pentaband 3G, and it's not a business phone. Again, my Desire Z is partially brushed aluminium, and it's not a business phone. Symbian is available on music phones like the XM5530 or the tried and true N95. Not business phones, just high end phones.

Same for things like office integration. Business phones are dead. Nowadays, every phone has a built in office apps, I mean like Calender, calculator, or notes. Nowadays, any old smartphone has available office apps some way or another, whether it be integrated, Office To Go, or Quick Office. Any smartphone can do email and Exchange sync.

So, again, my point is that as a phone for the business user, nothing stands out against any other phone.

The e7 will have full flash in a update this or next month the n8 also.
As happy as I am for Nokias getting decent flash, I will say that you shouldn't have to wait a month. Nokia should have worked with Adobe to get flash out the door instead of sitting on their asses since MWC 2010.

Last edited by mattbutsko; 2011-03-10 at 00:33.