View Single Post
There will always be somethings missing, but crucial thing is, I think, that at least everything which was in the previous flag ship model has to be in the new one. If something is left out, it should be well argumented and give the reasons. Also compared to competitors the hardware components cannot be worse or missing what is in competitors flag ship device. If we are talking about high end devices and flag ships.

Like 2mm charger plug in. I think there was good enough reasons to omit it after microUSB-standard came.

I would not buy if for example (incoming) FM-RDS-chip was left out. I use it often.

Hardware qwerty-keyboard is something which Nokia should bring to the flag ship device. There is the one place it can really differentiate. It is hard to find good high end Android device which would have hardware qwerty keyboard. Of course for masses, they probably buy even without if they can get it little thinner that way (stupid vanity).

In the future phones, Nokia probably won't have NTSC/PAL-video out from the 3.5mm audio+video-connector, if they have HDMI. But I really hope, at least the stereo analog output with standard 3.5mm plug stays as long as there is headphones sold in every place which goes to it.

Fingerprint recognizer: is it really usable, as you can cheat it easily?

32 GB FLASH memory seems to be "enough", when you can increase it with microSD. 1 GB RAM is "enough". Of course 2GB RAM and 64 GB FLASH wouldn't hurt, but I think there is no good arguments for them. It is funny, last year we had this conversation about RAM, and then many said 512MB is enough, but as everyone now sees, it wouldn't be "enough" anymore to sell in the high end category.