View Single Post
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
I'm just glad they proved me right. Even BEFORE the N900 came out, I had ranted and raved all over the forums that I think it would be a STUPID mistake to embed a cellular radio in the tablet and FORCE you to have to buy an expensive piece of electronics AND that it would limit your options by forcing ONLY GSM or ONLY CDMA or anything else. I suggested that I preferred the idea of a plug-in module or, better still, an internal USB compartment for a radio "modem" like the ones that carriers have been selling.

I feel VERY satisfied that Archos has taken the step to NOT include a cellular radio and instead opt for a USB module for whatever carrier or technology you want... PLUS it makes it FAR FAR more future-proof (i.e. EDGE -> 3G -> 4G, etc.).

I might just have to seriously consider an Archos, now. It seems like they're trolling the forums and listening to pissy customers like me. I'll gladly pay them for that.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post: