View Single Post
Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Originally Posted by scy View Post
First of all, thanks for this great work!

I successfully installed the first update. The N810 is - subjectively definitely - responding quicker having diablo turbo installed.

After trying to install the second updates, I ran into problems. First, the kernel install reports an error message "short read buffer_copy" and then I realized that everytime after I installed the kernel fsck.ext2 reports errors.

Can this be caused by the install? Kindly let me know your ideas how to solve this issue.
You simply have a damaged filesystem for whatever reason (sure you haven't a full filesystem?). DT has that shutdown issue which causes the filesystem not to be umounted when it happens, and ext2 doesn't act kindly if it is not unmounted, having a tendency to accumulate errors.
At my firsts attemps at boot from mmc, much before DT, I also ran into troubles with ext2 quite often.
The best sollution is to move to ext3, as the journal protects you from the usual problems that arise if the ext2 filesystem is not properly umounted.
To solve your problem now, boot into flash and "fsck -p -f" the ext2 partition. Then I suggest you to convert it to ext3 (Diablo incorrectly mounts ext3 as ext2 but DT fixes that)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post: