View Single Post
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
I went ahead and followed your directions to install everything including update2 on my Nokia N800. It took maybe several minutes between downloading and ssh'ing into my tablet to issue the dpkg commands, reboot and VOILA! Easy peasy!

I have to say that it *DOES* breath a LOT more life into this device. One of the most OBNOXIOUS damned things about the N800 over all the years I've had it was the damned blocking and the reboots from unresponsiveness. But now--it doesn't seem to happen anymore. It's FAR more responsive and SEEMS to work a little more smoothly, if not actually faster or more efficiently. It's certainly made it feel "right" and useful again after rarely using my N800 anymore now that I spoiled myself on the fluidity of Android.

I'm REALLY glad to see a few real and tangible updates coming to the OS at a low-level (where it counts! Like in the kernel and bluez stack and so on).

THANK YOU!!!
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post: