View Single Post
You guys are so helpful! Thanks a lot. I may go ahead and give it a fresh format (reflash) before I setup and customize too much.

It's been just as fast as everyone has said. I might give the overclocking a try but I'll wait a bit until I'm ready to be a power user. The battery dies on me pretty quickly considering it's a brand new phone w/ a brand new battery.

My only gripe so far is that I'm having trouble installing and using some apps. For example, I installed Quake 2. But it would just start and then stop (drop to the desktop) without any real error message. It wasn't until I tried to run it from the command line that I realized it needed the data files.

Also, I tried to install OpenDune, but it got most way through the install and then said "Unable to Install". This wasn't such a big deal except that when I went to install it again, it wasn't available in my App-List.

It's also been temperamental in downloading any new apps -- it will just say downloading but the bar doesn't move at all. I've tried restarting the phone and my internet connection but didn't get anywhere. I don't know if this is a problem with my phone or perhaps the servers. I have a good amount of experience with Debian so if it uses the aptitude package manager for these apps, I'll try to run or find a local mirror.

Otherwise, this device is well worth the money and it's one of the sweetest toys I've ever bought, haha. I never used any apps except for the basic functions when I had my iPhone for a year but I've been playing with this thing non-stop and still have barely scratched the surface. I love it

Last edited by kurtis; 2011-03-27 at 03:20. Reason: Spelling and Formatting