View Single Post
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by antezz View Post
Ahh, I turned that on in the settings and now it works.

But a few questions then.
1. Why are those needed? I'll provide the password and username for the application?
2. Regular Cutetube had no problem getting my subs?

Is it that the new YT API only allows you get the shared activities while the regular Cutetube lib parsed the information or something?
It's because the python-gdata library provides a set of convenient methods to access a user's account. The library stores the access token upon login and passes it when these methods are called.

Because it is not normally necessary to use the access token for read-only access to playlists/subscriptions, I am not currently passing the access token. I do of course pass the token for HTTP POST requests. These are written in C++, because I could not get them to work in JavaScript. Hence there is a separation between GET requests (in QML/JavaScript) and POST requests (C++). I didn't consider the case of a user setting their playlists/subscriptions to private. All testing is carried out using my account details, so it's easy to overlook these things.

I will make the appropriate changes for the next release.

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2011-04-08 at 18:03.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post: