View Single Post
Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
Over on The Epic Android thread I mentioned that on long 14 hour journeys I used carry up to 6 devices but now I only carry the Streak. My experience might be a useful subject for a post here.

This was my previous carry list and why the Streak has replaced it:

Mobile Phone
iPhone : Replaced by the Streak

Music Player
iRiver H140 + iBasso amplifier: The Streak sound quality when matched with Sennheiser IE8’s is closely comparable, to the extent that I can’t easily discern the difference. Not so much with RE0’s however.

Video Chat with my family
Nokia N800: The software for the Streak is not yet there for this but the hope is that it will arrive with Honeycomb

eBook Reader
SmartQ 7: The Streak is better both for screen quality and clarity and versatility in apps such as pdf reader Repligo and web page downloaders Instapaper and Read It Later

Video Player
Nokia N800: The Streak is better by way of bigger screen
SmartQ 7: Unsuitable due to lack of optimisation for video

PDA
Sharp Zaurus: Only because it contained data that was useful to have and which I hadn’t taken the time to transfer it over. But now I have. Curiously, the Zaurus apps are generally superior to what is currently available.

iPhone: Incredible selection of apps but thankfully there are now Android equivalents for the Streak so I don’t miss the App Store that much anymore. Android still has room for improvement in this respect but it is no longer the poor relation it once was.
Note Everything, Evernote and HandDBase are exceptionally useful. Office suites such as Documents To Go are quite respectable

SatNav and Maps
Nokia N800: The combination of Google Maps and the 5” Streak makes the N800 look feeble. So, even if the lifetime licence which I paid for was still honoured, I wouldn’t use it anyway.

If anyone is thinking of getting a Streak then these observations might be useful in their decision making.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rebski For This Useful Post: