View Single Post
Posts: 354 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ New York
You gotta love software companies. Management says, "Ship it!!". Engineering says, " it isn't ready yet". Management says, "Ship it, we'll fix it later".

The customer ends up fixing it by downloading fix after fix over the Internet. This isn't a big deal for the Nokia Internet Tablets because they are perfect for this. But when I buy a new video card for my desktop, or a USB WiFi dongle from Netgear and it doesn't work right out of the box because the manufacturer knowingly shipped it with defective drivers you gotta shake your head.

I know it is all about maximizing profits in our capitalist system, but counting on your customers to fix your sh_t is lame. I don't apply this same attitude to the Nokia Nxxx because it is different than other devices.....still I would have hoped Nokia would have had bluetooth working beyond a couple of simple profiles by now. SPP and Object Push Service profile is all they put in my N800? This thing has been in the public's hands for almost a year. For the N8xx to be a true portable Skype / GizmoProject capable device they needed to put a priority on HSP in my opinion.

I love my N800. I'll love it tons more when I can VOIP with it via bluetooth. For anyone who VOIPs with OS2007, tired of waiting for bluetooth HeadSetProfile (and AVRCP), do yourself a favor and replace the earbuds with something soldered together like these RCA E.clipz (or equiv.).

Who wants to bet me that even when OS2008 has HSP (and functional Skype) it will still be lacking BT AVRCP? How much longer before that surfaces? I should stop bi*ching because I love the N800.

All good things come to those who wait (or know how to build them for themselves)

Last edited by xxM5xx; 2007-11-23 at 11:34.

The Following User Says Thank You to xxM5xx For This Useful Post: