View Single Post
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
I'm lending toward Capacitive right now. Resistive has it's advantages but also a lot of disadvantages the same goes to capacitive. But resistive is less responsive in certain area on screen (edge of the screen) and is not very good to use at times. Capacitive does what resistive can't do and does it really well and required only skin and body heat to get it working. Capacitive is scratchless comparing to resistive is more prone to scratches made by finger nails and stylus because it does not required pressure to use. I think it is more practicle in this generation of technology than resistive, unless they can make resistive do what the capacitive do in the next few years, otherwise I don't see resistive be the best choice for mobile devices.

Resistive is costless comparing to capacitive in term of production cost and user can use any object on it, and can use stylus to press on small objects. But that's it. Now a day, developer thinking about the Human Computer Interaction of usability, which create ease of use point of interest area with amazing API and create such a bigger buttons and tab to local zoom trick etc.. which over coming all those restriction in the earlier technology of cons of capacitive.

Don't get me wrong, I do love resistive for its precision but I do think capacitive will be a better choice for me in my next device. MultiTouch is a must for me. The screen on the N900 can be a pain in zooming, multiple gestures and playing games. So it is just to me, I hope my opinion will not causing the flame of hates and causing me to become a troll or burn the witch. Hope you all have a good sense of understanding the differences in opinion between each indevidual.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post: