View Single Post
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
Again, can't we people be arguing that Nokia should've done both, a tablet and a phone? The N900 is damn fine as a phone if used right (which in my experience involves tweeking kernel settings for virtual memory and I/O, but still); it's just that Nokia should have realized that there is a market in both. That said, succeeding in business management beaurocracy and being actually wise enough to practically apply rudimentary understanding of humans to your products rarely is compatible.
Again, no--not really. Concentrating on a me-too iPhone competitor diverted resources away from what was becoming a successful market of its own where Nokia was already ahead and Apple's iPod Touch (and later iPad) was the me-too device.

Besides all that, I thought the N900 wasn't a phone? At least, that seemed to be the defense for EVERY criticism put against it about all the lack of features and problems it has with being a reliable phone. The mantra been repeatedly, "It's a computer first, with phone functions." As a phone, it's pretty bad by most accounts I've read and from the known problems--your anecdotal experience aside.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post: