View Single Post
Posts: 577 | Thanked: 699 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Malta
I always try to stay quiet with these kind of threads but I can't help it with this point.

1. I was not owned by Nokia. I am very thankful that they released such a wonderful device and I had the opportunity to use it. However I resent them for abandoning this platform. i honestly don't think there is an upgrade worth considering after the N900..I just wish it had more RAM..

2. If you don't own and use the N900 as a daily device you shouldn't speak. People will only post problems. No one will post: "Hey my N900 hasn't dropped a call in over a week!". My N900 serves me perfectly as a phone. Never had a problem with it. And I don't use features like speed dialling and whatever else is missing from normal phones. I actually don't know the features because I don't bother using them..

3. As a browser? Nothing and I repeat nothing comes close to MicroB. It is fairly fast, can handle almost any website I tried, can handle a lot of content and it hasn't been updated in at least 1.5 years. It is beyond me why Mozilla are developing Fennec and not using MicroB.

4. I like that the N900 is also a phone. I don't like having many devices. I wouldn't buy an internet tablet just like I am not considering a notebook or netbook. The N900 can do almost anything a laptop and netbook (in a smaller scale) can do, and when I need to do more powerful stuff I can use my desktop. It is very portable and for me at least replaces: mobile, notebook, mp3 player, camera, video player, GPS navigator etc. However Nokia should have continued with tablets too and release phones and tablets.

5. I hope Nokia release all the source code for Maemo and someone with more sense builds a device with updated hardware using Maemo. You say Maemo or the N900 is outdated? How can you say that when there are features missing from competitors today? Hostmode? FCam? Packet Injection? Compatible with most video formats. Browsing? And don't bother mentioning flash. that's Nokia's fault not Maemo's shortcoming. Just to name a few. When the N900 is outclassed in everything..then you can call it outdated. If you can that is...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pantera1989 For This Useful Post: