View Single Post
Posts: 206 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ London
I was messing around with the Starving voltage and overclock settings and I saved it as my default profile, before testing to see it was stable.

I know that was stupid of me and don't know what I was thinking at the time (wasn't thinking at all obviously) but now my phone won't boot up.
Each time I hit the power key, it shows the default Nokia screen, attempts to boot and after about 15 seconds switches off. I keep trying to turn it on and the same happens.

I was using the following commands in x-terminal before this happened:

sudo gainroot
kernel-config load starving
kernel-config limits 1150 1150
kernel-config save prozac1
kernel-config default prozac1

All of the above commands worked properly and these settings were obviously saved as my default settings. Around 30 seconds later, my phone rebooted and I have been unable to switch it on ever since. The above described problem keeps happening.

Most likely I will need a re-flash, but I have two questions before I do.

1) Is there ANY possible way, I can restore the original Nokia kernel or change the above settings to default Nokia ones, without having to reflash my device?

2) If I do re-flash, is it possible to only re-flash the firmware and resolve this problem, so that I can keep all of my audio/image files, as well as apps and settings etc? Basically, would re-flashing just the firmware and not the mmc resolve this issue?

Please help!

Last edited by Prozac786; 2011-04-28 at 11:25.