View Single Post
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Ugh, annoying tags on this thread too.

It's a neat idea, but the thing is I think if you actually put that kind of UI on an N900-like device you'd soon feel like you were missing some basic functionality that you had before with the current home-screen/task-switcher/menu paradigm we have going.

On the other hand, it's not that bad of an idea, and I think it'd be neat if somewhere down the line people had choice (on the N900 or elsewhere) to toggle between desktop environments with different paradigms; the above concept might not appeal to me as much as the N900's hildon already does, but it certainly can to other people, and nothing wrong with that. But, like always, people might not bother if they are already satisfied with the system, and most developers are happy as is, without the completely different UIs.

Just like the N900-installable gcc package isn't optified for crap, and no one bothers to put one into -devel that is optified, because the people who do develop on the N900 are happy with chroots or can optify the packages themselves.