View Single Post
Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by cjp View Post
Hi!
Would it be possible to enable scrolling the map with your finger? The 4-direction buttons don't quite work as well, I think.
Looking really promising!
Agreed.

Originally Posted by sands.m View Post
Does it support Zoom In\Out functionality ?
Thanks for your effort . I really appreciate it .
Use the volume buttons... I will add a note to the original post...

Originally Posted by mele View Post
to the directions it could be useful to have some sort of info about the route. lenght and time
Agreed... Still haven't figure out the best way to use the small screen but am working on it

Originally Posted by rash.m2k View Post
Can't use drag and drop and no way to zoom into my current location quickly!
Use the volume buttons for zoom. Use the enter key to center your location.

Originally Posted by AndiThebest View Post
Nice! Do you release the source code? Maybe i could help you to get a fully featured google maps on n900
You can get the source code with "apt-get source geeps". It is a bit of a mess right now.

Originally Posted by ikirk View Post
I can't find it on extras-devel for some reason... anywhere else I can get it from?
Have you found it? I got the category wrong... it may be easier searching for the name (geeps).

Originally Posted by lemmyslender View Post
In addition to the other comments, it'd be nice to have a function to keep the screen on (while moving?). Tried it in the car this morning, plugged into the charger. Screen blanks after timeout, even though I have "Screen on while charging" checked in settings.
In their infinite wisdom, Nokia decided that the screen only stays on "while charging", not while plugged in, but full battery, so not actually "charging".
Agreed. Didn't know about the "while charging" thing - sounds almost like a joke.

Originally Posted by cfh11 View Post
Use the simple brightness applet and set the screen to always on.
Thanks. This will the first place I will look for how to implement that

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

Last edited by fcrochik; 2010-10-13 at 13:28.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post: