View Single Post
I'm truly desperate here. Trying to get the n810 set up as a VoIP phone, preferably using Google Voice and preferably free.

I've read a hundred posts and pages that imply the onboard Nokia SIP client ONCE worked, that Skype ONCE worked, that Fring ONCE worked, that a free SIP account can be used, and that everything up to and including major mucking about in root and an Asterisk server is a required part of the solution. And plenty of indications that it's possible and actually functional enough to walk into a public hot spot and make and receive a VoIP call over wireless.

I can find my way around a tech problem but I'm not a Linux user. I've made a decent effort to find the solution on the boards, but most of the posts date from pre-2008 and the proposed solutions therein, especially the straightforward ones like Skype, seem to have abandoned the Maemo platform.

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious but I've been on this for a week with absolutely no traction. Have mercy and let me know if I can do this, and how to set it up. Thanks. You're a God.

The Following User Says Thank You to gryvn For This Useful Post: