View Single Post
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Not se straightforward as I first thought...

Even as the sources for meegofeedbackd and reactionmaps are available, the backend part which uploads the sample to the device via ioctl is closed source. Bummer.

But, I do have the samples, as I fished them off the kernel, so I do have several options how to proceed;
  • I could try to fish out what&how the ioctl is used to upload. This is not directly seen in spi_vibra but it goes through the upper SPI layer which makes it a bit obscured.
  • I could make my own /proc/ interface to vibra_spi to load the samples. I like proc stuff better than ioctls anyway in my modules as it is way simpler to tweak from userland
  • I could hard-code the samples in the driver, there is actually no need to upload that stuff as it never changes

What would be the best/easiest way to proceed...?
In the last two options I would propably need to recreate vibra_spi as a new module and make sure it is unloaded after use as not to conflict with the original module when it is loaded and initialized in later boot phase.
Or, I could stub out the initialization function in the module so that later init does not cause anything, and just replace the original module...

Thoughts?

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post: