View Single Post
Posts: 402 | Thanked: 451 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ India
Originally Posted by pelago View Post
When I get my Maemo 5 device, I imagine I will want to show it off to other people, and let other people try it out for themselves, as it looks like it will be very 'touchable' and nice and easy to use. I would like to do this because of being proud of the device, and this also might encourage other people to get one.

However, there may be some content on the device (pictures, to-do items, documents, emails, etc.) that I would rather not show to the person to which I'm handing the device. I would like to brainstorm ways of keeping such things private.

Note that I realise that if someone was determined and had long enough, they could bypass security in any number of ways and this Brainstorm idea isn't about that. This idea is about very short term (a few minutes probably) lending of the device to guests, where I will usually be present beside them, and is only designed to cover preventation of casual or accidental snooping of private stuff.

Please vote for and suggest solutions at http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...oaning_device/ and discuss below.
Put all your to-be-protected data in a folder and password-protect it. An app like Toucan should do it well. But I don't know if this app is available for N900!!

Last edited by vkv.raju; 2009-10-24 at 14:15.

The Following User Says Thank You to vkv.raju For This Useful Post: