View Single Post
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
The main problem (which we would not argue about again) was that you can't participate in competition and judge at the same time.
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
That one did not stick well with me either.
Which is precisely why I did not put my name in the hat. Even with two of the members being viable candidates (IMHO) for work done outside of council, the perception of impropriety was enough that I nearly withdrew from the process completely. In retrospect that's one of the two top regrets I have from my time as Council/Board; that I didn't stick to my guns on that issue and abstain from participating at all.

Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
But please keep this thread on topic
As for my predictions on this project, those were based on my knowledge of the person leading the project. The mentioned issue, and others, and his track record on doing / completing things "for the community" that weren't directly beneficial to him in some way. Leopards don't change their spots.

If it's any consolation, I'm sad that I was right; on this and so many other things. Over all I'm happy that things are where they are now, the community is in good hands from where I sit. But to know how well things could have gone, versus where there did... That's a large part of why I'm no longer really here.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post: