View Single Post
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Originally Posted by Fuzzillogic View Post
I've been a C#-devver for the past 4 years, but actually I'd still prefer Java. It's just just the language (or even despite the language), but the .NET ecosystem is... meh. Even when using commercial dev tools (Visual Studio, Xamarin), they are no better than the much more open and free tools for Java. VS still freezes daily in me, Xamarin still is buggy. Granted, I'm not paying for those, my employer does, so why should I care.

But the Java language, JDK and all surrounding development are much more community driven than anything from Microsoft. Yeah, Microsoft these days is more open than ever before, but they still are in total control. I've come to value the freedom of Java, and "true" open source in general, because the C#-world still is restrictive.
i got similar concerns too as whole of microsoft freezes on me for no reason and i hate that as linux on other hand i could count the times i needed to reformat my problem in linux that i like is one problem has too much solutions .
regrarding microsoft going more open i still coudnt believe their actions and was actually considering java for is more open nature and its a programming laungage not a framework .

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post: