View Single Post
I have enough experience with MS DOS and Windows, but Linux and especially Maemo gives me hard time...
I am able to become root, but when I type emelf2 at the prompt I get
'/bin/sh: emelf2: not found'
Obviously the emelf2 is not in the PATH or whatever is the Maemo equivalent. It is strange for me that when I type mplayer at the prompt mplayer starts...
The obvious solution in such case is to find the exact location of emelf2 and start it with its full path, but I can't get it - I found a reference list with the most useful Linux commands and tried without success 'locate' and 'whereis'...
I found a command that shall do this job in Maemo in another post at ITT:
'find / -name emelf2', but I only get two paths and after them ':Too many open files'
I also tried to use the Find pluging in emelf2 but it crashes every time (Does anybody has the same problem?)
I tried the Search program under Applications\Utilities from N800 desktop, just to get disappointed again...

I am used to get full control on my devices/computers, but this is not the case with my N800 - I spend too much time struggling with simple tasks

I completely agree with you, pipeline, that changing the file associations is not 'as easy as it should have been in the first place'

I also share the dream of one of the forum members, who wrote that it would be nice to have a switch/option in Control Panel which turns off all restrictions, so the user can realy have full access to the device he bought...

Do I need to install something more to be able to run these commands in xterm?

Last edited by tsvest; 2008-05-10 at 20:15.