View Single Post
Posts: 243 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ silicon valley
Yup, we've known about the id pin causing an interrupt and by default switching to a_idle and also setting some sysfs file to read id (I forget which) instead of vbus. That only changes that particular state.
When vcc is applied logically you should go to a_wait_bcon, that may not be useful though.

At some point I got an SRP when I started a session under forced host mode. I do not recall the exact sequence to get there.

IIRC you'll find within that state machine for irq 0 people already fake out some interrupts.

I have always booted with the usb cable attached and in the latest kernel I think I saw some fixes related to that, so I'm hopeful those patches will help.

In context save and restore the resistors are set back to peripheral, and somewhere in either plat-omap or mach-omap2 the phy can be put into low power mode(?) also resetting back to peripheral for automatic charger detection. Need to fix that, those changes are on my implemented but untested list as I am getting a kernel panic atm during boot.

If this doesn't work I'm going to patch 2.6.29 with beagleboard musb patches and see what the differences are to the maemo 2.6.28, though I am told musb is flaky on the beagleboard too. I think there is a patch to fix not being able to leave suspend under host mode if it happens, and that was a state I saw. I was also trying to prevent suspend outright