View Single Post
Originally Posted by pablocrossa View Post
I believe what he means is the Package On Package (I think it stands for that :P ) which means the RAM is soldered and shipped with the CPU or I could be completely wrong and

yes, I think we should stop talking about adding RAM to a phone, IT CANNOT BE DONE (with that I mean using any normal means us mortals have). You should focus more on software optimization the previous definition of the RasPi is accurate, a little motherboard with all needed components soldered to it

EDIT: Just to not create another debate and answer the POP issue, removing the RAM from the CPU on such system is not feasible as the whole point of it is shipping both together, you would have to desolder the CPU and get a new CPU that is the same model but with a larger RAM on it and re-solder it, something that the hardware would probably not support anyway... and I do not know people who can solder all the connections from a mobile CPU, too small.
So move on from the RAM upgrade thing

No ur not wrong ya I saw the picture its package over package the ram is up on the cpu from inside the cpu. Thanks man for your clear solution but I also still have that feeling I don't know why.

Arm cortex a8 is the same of any arm cortex a8 yes? So why I can find arm cortex a8 the Same of n900 but with different ram....
Do that mean they change the pop of any arm cortex a8 package ?? Seeem its not true and they build arm cortex a8 with the same pop ram but without adding size for the ram.

Last edited by zozeta2; 2012-04-17 at 02:10.