View Single Post
I' glad it have worked for you As for >32 cycles, yea - it is good idea to let it, from time to time (like, once or twice in month) - discharge 'till shutdown, so it will update it's calibration data, and won't hit threeshold anytime soon.

Of course, it only makes sense if VDQ is 1 during that discharge (when battery is low and you think "heck, I could let it discharge now", just check if VDQ is still 1), otherwise it won't recalibrate. Just be sure to not have any unnecessary applications running, when expecting to let it shutdown itself. Standard Maemo stuff is OK, doesn't need to deliberately kill things from terminal.

Obviously, by "discharge and shutdown", I mean doing so with bq27x00_battery and rx51_battery modules *loaded*, so it will shutdown safe way, just after recalibrating - *not* letting it fade out due to low power at ~2900 mV, with modules unloaded (otherwise, points 8+ from previous post, aka "filesystem corruption", apply ).

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2014-02-03 at 05:41.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: