View Single Post
Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
looks like systeminfo tries to use capabilities that are not allowed, so it gets rejected, you can file bug to systeminfo maker and tell him only to use allowed capas.
I guess he already knows. Just wonder why this happens with an "unmodded", regular N9.

Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
And you really should not use http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/ in device since that repo is not meant for N9 (and it easily breaks the depencies).
OK, didn't know better. Want to avoid coding stuff anyway if possible, as I'm not into it.

I've read some stuff @ http://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/ but couldn't find anything related to this specific problem. Bugs # 126, 479 + 770 come close but that's not it, I guess.

Originally Posted by rainisto
usually this is badly configured wifi AP which doesnt offer dns server for the phone, so host resolver fails. Or wifi nat behind other wifi nat.
My router is set to autoDNS, N9 gets valid IP and both devices show good connection. No nats, no portforwarding, just a simple router @ factory settings.
But I could try to set a rule for that, if I only had the details.

How can I log or watch these failing connection attempts on the N9???

I now got my ruined Firefox-install-attempt fixed. Used Ovistore via 3G to retry and it somehow completed, some restarts in between too. Firefox now works, but fairly slow. Then tried to get Flashplayer from Ovistore via WIFI but failed. Retried via 3G and voila...

Originally Posted by late88 View Post
Same things happens sometimes (about 25-50%) in the nokia store. I really don't know is this a bug or not.
My guess is that it's content-related. Small, simple apps seem to work fine while the ones going deeper into system are troublesome?
Is this really a connection issue or might this be a depencies thing?
What can I do to further evalute this problem's nature?