View Single Post
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by timoph View Post
This would also be a way to clean the queue now unless there are clear cases of packages that should be promoted. Anyway, I'd put the packages that have been in the queue and unlocked for a long time under a microscope and reject them even for small issues since most likely those packages will not receive fixes anymore.
Sorry, I think some guys are asking too much from Maemo developers : that the packages will have warranty of future updates to be promoted to extras ! Future for 1 year ? 3 years ? It is nonsense...

The package that is in extras-testing, is well voted and tested, IMHO, should be automatically promoted without the maintainer. If a critical problem/bug is found in any extras software (with or without maintainer), the super-testers could have the hability of removing the software (in very rare cases).

Do you guys think that all software in Maemo.org extras, Nokia Store, App Store and Android Market have current maintainers ?
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Last edited by rcolistete; 2012-04-08 at 00:38.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post: