View Single Post
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by endsormeans View Post
come on ste-phan..It is about providing support and maintenance for about ...a possible few hundred peeps ....possibly less...possibly a few thousand people...per antiquated (!) device.

that is just a waste of their money and manpower in the eyes of their balance books....

Hm...
Lets see what comes down the pipe.
I think it is starting to get to the time to be REALLY quiet ....quiet like mices...
um ...meese? ,,,
hate there is no plural for mice ...other than ...mice ...

I think it time to be quiet and still like mice ...about Skyp functionality and our devices.
Not wanting to wake the sleeping dogs? I think our few 100 devices still work with Skype because we are not important enough a group to use the kill switch on.
The strenght of Skype (besides now compromised encryption) used to be for many years that no mater the version of your Skype client you could still establish voice calls and text chats.

Since Microsoft took over devices became unsupported. Skype clients needed to be updated to latest versions including bloatware and advertisements.

Skype should have been protected under some telecom law for the public interest.
If governemnts had a vision about the future of telecom, we could be talking to big wall mounted displays or projections in every room like in SF movies and call those conversations private.

That is clearly not what we want.

Now using Wire.com, Swiss based, Encrypted, Open source, Elegant multiplatorm client.. but it is a tech demo and probably just a matter of time till some Google buys it including all my data.
So I am not advertising it like it was 2003.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post: