View Single Post
Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by VDVsx View Post
This does not seem like a bug to me, personally I would be very annoyed if my device beeps for each email I get, but if there are users that want this, it can be considered as a setting, very unlikely a default.
Are you unhappy that your phone beeps every time you receive an SMS? Why should email be treated differently?

The problem being that if you are out of hearing range when the first email arrives, you never know you've got a stack of new emails waiting to be read until you pick up your phone and look at the lock screen, as it doesn't alert you to the arrival of subsequent emails. I'd be happy for it to be an option, though I really don't see why the current behaviour is the default, no other mobile device behaves like this, only N9 and Jolla. I class it as a bug as it's nonsensical behaviour if you depend on email notifications. Obviously it shouldn't beep 5 times if 5 emails arrive together (it should just beep once), but if emails arrive individually, then each arrival should generate a beep/alert.

Adding an option "Alert for all new emails" should be a piece of cake, I've only been waiting 2 years....

Last edited by Milhouse; 2013-12-18 at 17:50.