View Single Post
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
We soonish will change the http://neo900.org/#donate display to show count of "preorders" which is the really relevant value in this phase of the project funding campaign.
This is a "131" now (including some doublettes from those who want to concatenate multiple donations into one rebated device purchase, so the actual number is a few clicks lower).

I still have hopes that we'll reach my inofficial private deadline of 200 "preorders" on 2014-01-01. The calculations of device price and feasibility been based on this number of devices preordered.

Here again the phases as we see them:

Phase1: collect 5000EUR__[check]
Phase2: collect 15000EUR_[check]
Phase3: collect 25000EUR_[check]
Phase4: 200 preorders (100+EUR donations)
Phase5: 1000 preorders (100+EUR donations)
Phase6: 1000 preorders on a regular schedule (like: every 8 weeks)

We need to start the promised public discussion what you want us to do with the "excess" donations amount.
if we get more budget, we discuss with the community to build more prototypes or add features etc. or use it to make series production cheaper.
My idea for now is to use those funds to preorder hard-to-source components so we don't need to buy them expensive in a hurry and then wait 12 weeks for them to arrive, once we want to start with mass production. Particularly I ponder about the N900 spare parts which get shipped from Asia and can take quite a while to arrive. What do you think?

/j

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post: