Thread: SolarJolla
View Single Post
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
  • If there is not enough current from the solar panel, the system is separated from the input circuit of the Jolla phone and the solar panel charges the TOH-integrated LiPo battery with trickle current.
  • When the charge in the TOH-integrated battery is high enough or input of the solar panel is sufficent, the system connects to the Jolla phone and starts charging it.
I wonder if this could be hacked to our already existing SolarTOH.
To charge a lipo bat from solar there is max1811.
Sadly it is at least 1.3mm thick according to the sheet so we would need another 3d printed TOH also.
My ideal solution would be: .stl files available to selfprint a thicker version of the TOH with space to hold BL-5C or other standard lipo we all have laying around or can acquire cheap.
Plus a pcb with max1811 or comparable to charge the toh-bat via solar and a yet "undetermind" circuit/IC to release charge from toh-bat to jolla-bat if enough juice is available. Some selfsoldering and adaption would be acceptable for this "upgrade".
Already throwing money to my screen but nothing happens :/

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post: