View Single Post
Posts: 215 | Thanked: 448 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Burgas, Bulgaria
Here is what I am working on lately - making a faster web browser for our N900s because MicroB is really outdated. I'm building Mozilla Firefox browser for Maemo 5 (a.k.a. Fennec)

Important:This fennec works ONLY under CSSU-Thumb- if you dont have it I strongly recommend you to install it!

First there are a few releases of the Mozilla browser:
Release : The most stable version of the browser
Beta : The name speaks for itself
Aurora : This is pre-beta release - (alpha release)
Central : The least stable version of the browser
Of course 'instability' is relative and everything is tested multiple times before it was uploaded.

Current versions of those releases
Release : 19
Beta : 20
Aurora : 21
Central : 22

Download links:
  1. v17:QT
    Added 2013-03-19 00:07:01
    Rapidshare : https://rapidshare.com/files/9416860...17.0_armel.deb
  2. v17:QT+pixman
    Added 2013-03-23 13:36:25
    Rapidshare : https://rapidshare.com/files/2950585...17.0_armel.deb

I recommend:v17:QT+pixman

Side notes
  • In version 18 we have a serious scrolling problem and it's not suitable for everyday users. Right from that version(18) Mozilla introduced a new JIT engine
    Today we enabled IonMonkey, our newest JavaScript JIT, in Firefox 18. IonMonkey is a huge step forward for our JavaScript performance and our compiler architecture. But also, it’s been a highly focused, year-long project on behalf of the IonMonkey team, and we’re super excited to see it land.
    and I believe it is the problem causing that scroll bugs.
  • Version 19 doesnt launch at all for Maemo......................
  • Looks like because I'm building Fennec with thumb packages installation of non Thumb Fennec will still require CSSU-Thumb, so I cease building non Thumb Fennec-s
  • To enable flash support open Fennec, type the following adress
    about:config
    find 'plugin.disable'
    Click on 'false'
  • With some plugins installed Fennec startup is minimized for ~20 seconds, if you see that even after that delay Fennec hasnt started open /home/user/.mozilla/fennec/******.default/ and delete every file that starts with 'sessionstore'

Last edited by tanago; 2013-03-23 at 12:28.

The Following 37 Users Say Thank You to tanago For This Useful Post: