View Single Post
Originally Posted by konttori View Post
any recent progress? Don't tell us you've abandoned the project!
No - I've been busy painting in real life :-). Besides I'm not the author, I just ported it...

Originally Posted by konttori View Post
Any progress? It would be great to get a quick toggle brush items to the side of the screen and drop the color selection dialog to be openable from those brush items.
Say... 5 user selectable brushes, each containing color for the brush. The default settings being that one of them is the current default and another is a eraser. Also, ability to open an image as the starting point (png and jpg) would be very welcome.
Yes, that would be nice...
Customizing the UI (Menus, buttons, placement) should be trivial as is it's Python, the drawing area and brush handling is a C Python module.
I'll need help from all of you to optimize MyPaint for the IT, I've put the .src and .dsc at my site and those of you who has the SDK
installed and working - get the source and start hacking... All contributions are welcome!

This is a preliminary TODO:
osso-init voodoo (where to put...) for dbus service registration.
deb packaging (debian/control add missing python dependencies, add to "user" for easy install)
Makefiles: hildon specific data dirs locations, files: service, desktop...
ifdef maemo/hildon specific stuff or add patches
submit changes upstream
Limit the zoom-out level. As of now it's easy to crash the app with one too many clicks on the "-" button.

Next step:
Optimize touchscreen usage (ghost lines, pressure reporting, stroke handling)
Add toggleable palette/brush menu in drawing area for fullscreen usage (you mean that, konttori?)
Global pressure settings anyone?
Remove the bottom status bar, at least in fullscreen mode
Speed optimization? Lagging stylus makes it hard to go into right-brain mode...
Visual feedback when adjusting brush size, opacity etc (a temporary circle indicating brush size for 0.5 sec after switching)
From the mypaint list I read that the author is busy doing other stuff but intends to work on alpha (eraser) and layers in MyPaint.
I haven't been in touch with him (the author) but I'll be signing up for the list. I encourage you to do the same and let him know
we love his app, and that it fills an important niche on the growing free mobile OS'es (maemo, ubuntu mobile, moko)

Originally Posted by unique311 View Post
So I removed the screen protector, and mtpaint works really well now.
but mypaint for some reason the half of the screen is not responding picking up on strokes(left side).
I thought it was a problem with my tablet but i don't think it is because it works in mtpaint.
I tried calibrating the screen, and still the left being difficult.
it does work when I do draw with my fingers instead of the stylus.
Pressure is not reported consistently across the screen on the IT (a drawback of this kind of touchscreen) but I think it's usable anyway.
Mine loses sensitivity along the edges...
You can enable debug output from the menu and watch the values... (If you start from x-term)
On my n810 (typical values):
Pen: 0 - 0.170
Finger: 0 - 0.500

Use these output ranges when adjusting the brush pressure values...

BTW. I have not noticed any of the slowdowns reported (exept when using the experimental lift/lower strokes feature) what's happening and when?
Is it a harware related issue (I have a n810)?
Attached Images

Last edited by anders_gud; 2008-04-04 at 06:40.