View Single Post
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
A few people criticized some of my efforts and pointed out that there was no vote either time I became a council member. I know, silly, but there it is and I appreciate those who support(ed) my efforts. Getting consensus in maemo is hard enough as it is so I'd like to be free of that particular thing.

Of course, the things you mention are more important. I'll accept my nomination with thanks and post a formal statement on the wiki page in a few days.
Rob,

with power / authority comes dissension.
autocrats deal with it ruthlessly (work camps and the like) and the members of the Council... need thick skin
just because some didn't agree with the direction the community was going (or wasn't going ) there are also a lot of trolls; most of the time their posts are obvious, sometimes more subtle, making you doubt of yourself or @ least of your actions.

however, you kept Maemo alive with your sheer will and made sure that the community continues to exist towards NOKIA
for that alone, you deserve the gratitude of the community
thanks!

i appreciate that after quite some time you feel like passing over the scepter.
i assume you would still remain in the community? maybe the new Council could ask for your advice (possibly by e-mail rather then on TMO) if they get confronted with a problem they can't handle?

the decision is yours, but either way the Community owes you!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post: