View Single Post
While I understand some of your points, i would like to add some more from my perspective.

1. Adding the cost of a GSM slot, and the proper electronics so it could be used on a "data only" plan would make loads of sense. It would assumably not cost much more for a data only plan (eg. Tmobile Sidekick data only plan, etc). For a company that can produce nearly "throw away" cost level phones, this should not be a problem.

2. Its not like Nokia has an excuse, thats what they do, they make cell phones.

3. If I have it bluetoothed to the phone very often I will miss incoming calls. I use a Nokia 6131 on the newest firmware. TMobile provider.

4. The bluetooth functionality is very poor. If i have the bluetooth on I can turn it off from the main screen (new shortcut they made, recent firmware). Yet to turn the bluetooth back on i have to go into the control panel. ******ed.

5. I cannot begin to tell you how many times Ive tried to use it to fill out forms, goto certain websites (eg. tv.msn.com so I can control my home Media Center schedule) to just get slapped in the face when it wont do it. Tried buying something on Newegg one night, typed in the zip code, and the tablet kept erasing the field. Tmobile's online configurator site, could not understand how to handle two "drop down" menus on the same page. Etc, etc, etc.

Let me tell you, in the entire time ive owned it, only one time it actually did something amazing. Panera bread with friends, one of my friends mentions his internet radio station, and I easily brought it up on my player. I spent $400 for a basic internet reader/browser and an amazing internet radio player.

Bottom line. If I have the tablet and my phone with me, i will not bother to use the tablet 90% of the time because my 6131's combo of Opera Mini, Google Maps, and Google Mail are SO MUCH FASTER than the N800 over EDGE speeds. I can do things incredibly fast with just the phone. It has to earn its place in my pocket, keys, moneys, and phone have 3, and I cant justify the empty 4th pocket as nothing more than a paper weight. Good to have in a fight though.