View Single Post
I've been researching about the best governors and io schedulers for the NOTE and the majority agree that...

The best governors are:
1) Pegasusq
2) Lulzactive
3) SmartassV2
4) Ondemand
5) Hotplug
6) Interactive
... and the rest.

And for IO Scheduler:
1) VR
2) CFQ
3) SIO

The TRUTH I found was a much more muddy view. And straight from recognized kernel and governor developers, they've all confirmed that the marketing and benchmarking above doesn't correlate with actual performance and battery life. This is because this is a
new generation of smartphones, gone are the restraints of *Slow* Single-core processors, with ample RAM, on the old 2.2 - 3.2 kernel builds.

We now posses larger batteries, new Android (4.03/ 4.04/ 4.1/ 4.11) kernel, 1GB RAM and *Fast* Dual Cores. The problems of yesteryears hardware and software don't apply, so our solution should be different too. In fact they recommend...

The best governors are:
1) InteractiveX2
2) HotplugX
3) Ondemand
... then lulzactive ~ pegasusq >>> smartassV2

And for IO Schedulers:
1) SIO
... then the rest

The best practice would be to use developer recommended governors and sio scheduler, for an extensive period (1-2 days) of testing. Once you discover what works best for you, you can go further with Voltage Control tweaking. For instance, UC your lowest frequency, OC your highest frequency and UV each step to the STABILITY NEEDS of your device.

Each unit is UNIQUE, and by this procedure we can extend battery life by another 1-1.5hour per cycle, while maintaining or increasing performance.

I'm flattered

Last edited by Kangal; 2012-07-18 at 10:00.