View Single Post
Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
Without having even a trace of backgroud knowledge I fed Google with the display connector's part number and if all the info I found were legit I could point at a quarter million pieces available.

Obviously at least the vast majority of that info is not legit (or I don't know how to filter it) but it made me think. I guess I'm not the only one who's looking for that part once in a while without being able to properly judge the results and I'm pretty sure you devs have a list somewhere that says which sources you've already checked.
So I think it would be a good idea to publish and update that list somewhere so someone like me can check if some random find might be worth mentioning without creating too much useless noise.
Maybe the display connector's ticket [1] would be a good place to hold that verified/falsified list while suggestions should still go in this thread.

This would basically turn the search for parts into a coordinated crowd activity just like the funding. All you have to do is provide the infrastructure to manage the collected info and maybe some advise for non-EE people that tells them what to look for (I guess I got that but with respect to my lack of knowledge I'm not certain).

[1] http://projects.goldelico.com/p/neo900/issues/536/

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post: