View Single Post
Yah, I finally got mine tonight. Downside is the material is damned thick, like around 3/16" thick (say maybe 4mm). It's sturdy, and the inner lining is felt-like material to keep the casing/LCD from getting scratched, so that's a positive.

It fits the N800 like a glove, literally. The flip-top cover seems a bit large to me, for what I had in mind. There's a chance that I'll simply slice that off (using a razor to remove the threading that keeps it attached to the main body of the case), and just use the main body as a "drop in" protective covering.

I can still cut holes in the one side to access the headphone/power/USB ports without totally destroying the elastic sideband so it remains intact and keeps the main body tight against the N800. I may even go ahead and slice the front panel open for speaker holes and the LCD and buttons too, it depends.

For $10, you can't go wrong I guess, if you can lay your hands on one. I think $9.99 is basically the regular price. Walmart has it listed online for $8.96 so, if they had it stocked locally I could have saved a buck I suppose, but the DSi just came out and most places don't have a full stock of accessories just yet.

I don't have a camera so I can't take pics at the moment, but once I make a final decision if I do mod the case and mutilate it I'll be sure to borrow one from a friend for some after-mutilation pics.

The Following User Says Thank You to br0adband For This Useful Post: