View Single Post
Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
My standing question is around getting files onto the phone. Is it a standard affair like it was on the N900 or do you have to use the PC Suite? Via the PC Suite, do you have access to movies, music and books?
Yes. It's pretty much the same. 3 main ways.
1. USB Mass storage via USB cable
2. SSH (SFTP) over wireless. (sshserver gets enabled when developer mode is enabled)
3. Sync using Nokia Link app via USB

Can you finally play *.mkv files that are 720p or higher without incident? How does it handle media like that?
Unless mine is a dud, no, you can't. I've tries soooo many 720p video files. Mostly main and high profile H264 MKV files. (but some AVI) It can't play them. Well, sound plays but the video plays at around 0.1 fps. (yes 0.1) 450p main and high profile H264 videos does play but it plays very choppy. (it skips frames) It's as if there is zero hw acceleration and it's using the CPU. I will need others to confirm to ensure my N9 is not a dud.

I however could play 450p baseline H264 profile videos without issues and 720p xvid with ac3 audio AVI also played perfectly fine.

Either mine is a dud or this is how it is. Hopefully others will report.

Okay, one last one... or two. Additional languages - do they cost? I tend to switch between EN-US and DE a lot on my phones. Also, what about start up time? Quick, short, medium? I'll come up with more. Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Additional languages does not cost money from what I can see.

Startup time is around 50 seconds. (boot up time from off state)
Nokia Maps app takes more than 20 seconds to load.
N9 could definitely benefit from overclocking or dual core CPU.

Last edited by jakiman; 2011-10-07 at 22:35.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post: