View Single Post
Posts: 77 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Chester, CA
Just what i was thinking about doing with my dead touchscreen n810, but hack it into an old d-link router case, and attach the antenna.

Does it do anything of use? AP, bridge, repeater, ftp, usb hosting, etc?

Or is it just a proof of concept?

Curious none the less, since i'm making an openwrt super router out of a a350 foxconn mini itx board, and a DNXA-116 pcie wireless n card, along with a 2w signal amp and would like to get a taste of openwrt.

Gonna blast wifi a few miles out, and figure out some kind of lipo powered counterpart smallish router, to fit in a backpack. Just for the fun of seeing if i can get a couple mile los connection to my home net. Add a solar panel and you can get a little mesh going, assuming you live in as small of a town as i do. Also need a n setup for my nook color in the mail, running a rosewill rnx-g4 with ddwrt atm, and while its nice, my brother locked it up a few times with vuze while visiting. Too many packets through an overpowered wifi radio me thinks.

Plus i got a brother that live in the woods (with laptops/ipods ) who might like to be able to pull wifi from a few miles away. If you can use the n810 as a client bridge, then with an appropriate directional antenna/amp setup, it would be a cool little present for him.

Just some crazy ideas i've had today......

Last edited by eleseur; 2013-03-12 at 06:12.

The Following User Says Thank You to eleseur For This Useful Post: