View Single Post
Originally Posted by ukki View Post
Please enable at least basic auth (Use authentication without SSL) If you can connect from outside your network with a browser, client should work too. Start a stream and use the "Check accessibility from the internet" -button. If it says everything is fine, everything should be fine. With basic auth you should store the username/password to device with gconf so you don't have to type them every freaking time. See wiki for that.
I have enabled basic auth but still can't connect. And yes the check accessibility button says everything is fine.
Neither connect automatically nor connect manually work, both say unable to connect to server. In connect manually I'm entering "IP of home router (server)":1978
Weird that from the web it works fine it's just the N900 client that doesn't want to work.

Originally Posted by ukki View Post
Maybe VLC can't transcode flac to certain formats. You can edit the profiles and try different audio codecs: http://wiki.videolan.org/Codec

If passthrough works it means gstreamer can play flac so have you tried to transcode flac to flac, just lower the quality?
I've had a look at this and it seems Ogg is only one supported so I created a new profile for ogg and can get some out of it now but I keep getting buffering even at 64k

The profile is set as follows:

Audio Format: vorbis
Audio Bitrate: 64
Audio Rate: 44100
Mux ogg
Stream Extension ogg
Audio Channels 2

Tried adding more buffer to no effect.
I have 500 kbps upload so should cope with this? I've managed to stream flac ok with Orb before...
Any more settings I can try?