View Single Post
Posts: 306 | Thanked: 603 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Belgium
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
@DavyP - did you look at cvm code I pushed on gitorious and my build scripts?
Yes, but I have not come around to integrate your changes into my build.

I noticed that you removed the static buffer in which I copied all the pixels from the original framebuffer pointer when phoneME tells me to draw the buffer. My code relied on this buffer when I emited a Qt4 signal to draw the buffer.

You pass along the original pointer directly to the Qt4 front-end. Using the original pointer is a bit dangerous. By the time the refresh signal gets processed and the buffer gets painted, the contents and the size of the original framebuffer pointer may have changed, causing bad repaints or even segmentation faults. This has to do with the inner workings of phoneME, and the asynchronous handling of Qt4 signals.

Before, I actually implemented it more or less the way you did it (without the static buffer), and I got segmentation crashes when I was playing some animation (continuous repaints) while changing the display size (going full screen).

I will first do some testing to see whether your code suffers from the same problem before integrating your changes in my latest code.

Cheers,
Davy

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DavyP For This Useful Post: