View Single Post
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
As for quality: I don't know where the hook for such a mechanism would be in the current and future build infrastructure, but I think there's room for an automated "How to further improve your package" section that developers get to see as early is possible, even in -testing.

It may include hints like:
  • We noticed you use *po files for Italian and German. The N900 currently also supports French, Spanish, <add official languages here>. You may want to actively use community resources like talk.maemo.org or transifex.net to add more languages to your project. More here: wiki-link
  • We noticed the package description field is only one line of text. This may be enough for very simple applications, but please consider making it more verbose and clear for end users.
  • We noticed that the package description field you provide is in English only. The N900 currently also supports French, Spanish, <add official languages here>. You may want to actively use community resources like talk.maemo.org or transifex.net to translate descriptions to all of these languages. More here: wiki-link

In an ideal world, the flipside of this mechanism would feed a new portal called "Where can I help" that allows end-users to provide non-technical input to such projects without having to activate -devel or -testing at all.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post: