View Single Post
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Thank you for posting here!

Originally Posted by HSuhonen View Post
3. Maemo 5 doesn't have a help framework. What’s your opinion, should there be one for Maemo 6? What would an ideal help system be in your opinion?
I think it would be amazing to have a way to link to a community-maintained wiki from the applications. That is, a help-key press launches the browser and takes the user to the maemo.org wiki page associated with that app.

Maemo devices are supposed to be always-online devices, this would be directly in line with that belief, and also the link to the wiki would be in-line with the open-source belief.

Originally Posted by HSuhonen View Post
4. And finally, how do you see the role of the Maemo community in providing end-user support? Do you think the community could be more involved in the process of making the User guides (for example, as a content reviewer)? What would, in your opinion, be a good solution for the community to get involved?
I've said it before and I'll say it again; put your content online (in the wiki) and give us a chance to edit it for a while before you publish it. You'll see; it will work!

The added benefit of putting it in the wiki ahead of time to let the community edit it for you is that you can then just use that online content as your online help (see above).

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post: