View Single Post
How would you rate the current support offering for N900, in your own words? Please give your evaluation separately for a) the printed Get started guide, b) the in-device User guide (you can access it through File manager > Documents > User guides), and c) the User guide PDF on the Nokia Support site.
What get started guide? I don't remember having seen one. It certainly wasn't on the top of the box, where it ought to be.

The user guide is hidden well. The "Getting started" video is kinda OK, but...

I will read the PDF later.
What’s your opinion on the current concept of providing end user documentation, that is, a short, printed get started guide in the sales box, and the longer guides available on the web and in-device? Do you expect Nokia to provide a longer User guide in the sales box, or is the Get started guide enough?
no-one reads manuals, least of all geeks. And, let's face it, this is a geek / nerd portable computer with some phone functionality attached. Documentation is essential, but manuals would not really help and only drive the price up. Don't need.

Maemo 5 doesn't have a help framework. What’s your opinion, should there be one for Maemo 6? What would an ideal help system be in your opinion?
The connectivity of the phone implies an on-line help system. Basic information locally, further info online - much like MSOffice 2007 does.

And finally, how do you see the role of the Maemo community in providing end-user support? Do you think the community could be more involved in the process of making the User guides (for example, as a content reviewer)? What would, in your opinion, be a good solution for the community to get involved?
I like the idea, but who is authoritative? And how are they "encouraged" to find all the issues?
Nokia's own docs in a usable format online would be great. I would also strongly suggest running multiple language versions in parallel and including something like the "these applications are in the QA queue" ... implying that these articles are waiting for review from someone.

Bret