View Single Post
Posts: 282 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austin, TX, USA
I don't really believe it, for the same reason as etuoyo, but I wouldn't be shocked if they made a deal to put out a windows handset or two in exchange for getting Qt some place of honor on windows mobile 7. They have alot invested in Qt and if they can get some qt-based apps in the standard windows install (like some java me apps used to be in windows 6) then they are giving app developers a large chunk of the market with a single development platform (and a good one at that).

There are youtube videos of qtquick running on android. If you are a corporate-app-writing-stooge and you can write a qtquick/qml app that runs on symbian, winmo, android, and the upcoming meego (as well as our beloved maemo), you might see bank and big-box store apps come out for those platforms first and then get ported later to iOS, not to mention mass-market games, etc.

Or it could just be that Nokia is making a full 180 on their OS position, declaring defeat, quitting their huge committment to open source, and abandoning all their OS-related work to willingly join the borg collective.