View Single Post
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
My context was that Nokia continues to trip and blunder and it is highly unlikely to come back from it at this rate. And yet, the stock price continues to fall despite your preference. Pray, do tell us how you think Nokia still has a chance and how it might come back. I'm sure you can convince us with your stellar multitasking and your continuously operating activities!
Did I ever imply anything other than Nokia lighting up their own platform? I have no love for Nokia, I just think they did a few very good things with Maemo. And other things weren't good at all.

I don't even own a N9 (but the prices are interesting nowadays), I own a Android phone. Also, I think it would have been much wiser of Nokia to embrace Android than not. Maybe the same product molds across operating systems... Might have mentioned that before A slow and less dramatic adaption to Android (and Windows 7.0 too) at an earlier point would have saved them from the disastrous 2011, I really do believe. I don't know if that would have been the most advantageous strategy, but I do think the one they chose was possibly the least advantageous.

As I wrote elsewhere, I believe Nokia has chose a really stupid path. I believe they have passed the point of no return. I believe for them to continue to exist as an independent company, it's too late to change strategy and they must make Windows 7.5 work somehow till Windows 8 comes, and they must force Windows 8 to be something good and sellable.

I believe all this means that Nokia is ****ed beyond repair unless they whip a dead Microsoft horse back into the race. And I don't see how they could possibly manage that without being Microsoft, when Microsoft hasn't managed at all while being them.

I would much have preferred to have an OS that didn't toss out programs while I was using them, but that's an entirely different discussion. I still dream of an Intel-inside i386-compatible phone running an OS with as many services as I want. With decent multicore usage, and some resources reserved for prioritized instant phone usage. This is a dream, not a hope, but at least Maemo had elements worth dreaming of.

Android is a tad behind on those things. And way ahead in most other things.