View Single Post
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Here are the screenshots. Of a fully working FMTX unlocked status-menu.

UPDATE: fixed the Shell script bugs. Sorry didn't have the chance to tested it earlier. but now is tested and confirmed working on my device.

Two way to get this done. One is the fancy icon display and one is the silent mode.

With Python Package:
Once you see the Icon in the picture then you are all good to go. Reboot will not reset your region back to 2. Some people having problem with phython script on their system so if this doesn't work for you then try the bottom option.

If you can't get Python Package to work then use this.

This is shell script. This package contain 1 file but two functions. One is to swap the swappiness to 50 to reduce the load time and to make the device more responsive. second one is the Region4swap which will swap the region of your FMTX every start up to 4.

download it and paste it into your root and merge it with the folder in the root and it will do its magic.

otherwise just copy the file and place it in:

/etc/event.d/
reboot

Reboot and then type this to confirm the changes and to make sure it has been sucessfully applied.

cat /sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-2/2-0063/region

you now should see value of 4

cat /proc/sys/vm/swappiness

you should now see swappiness value is 50

(in this script, Swappiness will help decrease applications loading and closing time and make it more responsive and rumour that it also increase the battery life on the same usage. Swappiness can be set as low as 10 but the lower it get the more RAM the system use, so 50 is an ideal level, original is 100, to find out more about swappiness please use google)

these are a sign of successfully applied. Now every reboot you'll not need to do anything else.

So enjoy!
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: tar Customswappiness+FMTX region4swap.tar (10.0 KB, 1175 views)

Last edited by maxximuscool; 2010-09-24 at 13:31.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post: