View Single Post
Originally Posted by droitwichgas View Post
But how could Meego compete against WP7 and the backing of MS, I can see average Nokia users looking for a smartphone going for Nokia WP7's and the new N9 meego could then just become a N900 maemo where no developers are really interested in it as it will have such a small market share, unless Nokia push the meego to real high end phones/mobile tabs? Perhaps the instinctv developers were told something similar a couple of months ago?
Yeah that's the hard thing to guess. But imho just very, very few people pay lots of money for a smartphone just because it's from Nokia. Most people buying a smartphone, buy one because they are interested/attracted in/to 1 of the OS'es available.

Let's say Joe decides he wants a WM7 phone and even though he likes Nokia a lot, they only have Symbian and MeeGo available. So what's he do? Buy a WM7 phone in a blink from the competition, because he doesn't want MeeGo. He buys from the company that currently offers the best price/performance/feature ratio for the mobile OS he wants. See Milestone, Desire, Galaxy S etc. for examples in the Android world. And it also seems that everybody knows and wants these phones, but on the contrary it seems that hardly anybody knows the n900... Every day someone is asking me what kind of phone I own and they're stunned by the built-in fm transmitter ^^.

The Following User Says Thank You to MONVMENTVM For This Useful Post: